Welcome to HobbsHQ! Where first impressions count. No matter how big (or small) your home’s entrance, we believe it’s crucial to make an impact.
To create a welcoming statement for your family, friends and guests stick to a calming colour palette, add height, texture and visually interesting pieces.
Here at @platypus.valley we’ve used:
- A natural stacked stone wall as the backdrop
- Layered with a round Ikea mirror (hung from the ceiling, as to not impact the stone work if I change my mind in future)
- Started with a DIY rattan milk can turned lamp shad for interest which I made several years ago and wired in
- Coupled with a ceramic jar and napkin sea-shells I sourced from Kim Soo in Seminyak, Bali
- Peppered with greenery and blooms (always!)
- And, completed the look with stacked country-style books and a handmade bowl I just adore by @shed35