Your Scenic Rim Builder
- We pride ourselves on customising each and every new build to create our client’s dream home.
- Specialise in country-style acreage properties with experience in overcoming access issues and mains connectivity.
- Passionate about sustainable builds and experience in steel or timber frames, sloping sites, solar power and off-grid projects.
- Utilising the services of local Scenic Rim trades (wherever possible) and adopting green building methodologies to create sustainable projects which leave a lasting impression.
- Hobbs operates in accordance with the Queensland Building and Construction Commission building guidelines and provides a 6-year structural warranty and 12 months on all minor defects in relation to new residential homes.
Hobbs selections Showroom now open by appointment only
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is it possible to meet Luke and Nikki in person to discuss our project?
A: Absolutely. We recommend either meeting onsite (as it’s great to get a feel for your land) or at our Canungra showroom.
Q: Do you only work and accept projects within the Scenic Rim?
A: We are certainly flexible and often find ourselves working in Brisbane and the Gold Coast. However, our passion is to remain with the Scenic Rim and specialise in acreage homesteads.
Q: Do I need commissioned architectural plans before meeting with Hobbs?
A: No. We’re committed to working with you through the design process and recommend our team of designers and architects to assist.
Q: Are you able to provide an itemised Fixed Price Quotation based off our drawings
A: We sure can, however note we will require formal Working Drawings and Engineering before being able to firm a quotation. Please note we don’t work on metre rates (as each and every project is unique and varies accordingly).
Q: Do you offer an Interior Design service on all your builds?
A: We sure do! Nikki our Director of Interior Design works closely with each and every client to assist with selections of fittings, fixtures and colour schemes. Note she also offers soft furnishing advice should you wish to seek a quotation.
Q: How long will it take for Hobbs to build our home?
A: Approximately 18-20 weeks required for a new home, however this is very dependent on the style and complexity. Upon quotation, an itemised schedule including indicative timings will be provided.
Q: When can we expect our project to commence?
A: Great question. This varies pending our current scheduling and what stage of the approvals and certification process you’re currently at. (Psst. We often work with clients for one to six months before commencing onsite).